Bringing the whole family to Rincon for the Holidays is a beautiful thing.
Some of the things you will encounter, enjoy and you should know are the following:
- The Downtown Rincon Plaza is lite up (this photo is from this year, 2014)
- Offers to drink up some Coquito are all about -- An Authentic Puerto Rican Beverage, normally it includes alcohol. Normally made with coconut and similar to
eggnog, you'll likely love Puerto Rican Coquito! It is normally a thick and creamy coconut drink that includes cinnamon and rum. Everyone makes it differently so taste around!
- On Christmas Eve, Noche buena meaning "Good Night" is celebrated with a Midnight Mass
- Feliz Año Nuevo! Means Happy New Year!
- Feliz Navidad, Felicidades or Felices Pascuas is used to wish a Merry Christmas!"
- A feast of lechon asado consisting of a pig roasted on a spit is one of the most popular Christmas dishes. It is accompanied by mojo and arroz con gandules which is rice cooked with peas and
small pies called pasteles or a type of sausage called a morcillas
- Seek out some "mojo" - a herb sauce of finely chopped cilantro or parsley with salt lots of crushed garlic olive oil, onions, vinegar and lemon
- Seek out Deserts of Tembleque, (coconut pudding) and Turron (a nougat desert made of honey, sugar and egg white which is topped with toasted almonds)
- On the nine days before Christmas Eve, people attend a special Mass before sunrise called Misa de Aguinal
If you can't make it this year think about planning your holiday for next year at your Rincon Apartment Rental! Enjoy your Rincon Vacation!